04 January 2011

Lovely bags to US




Bag 1: The main fabric is “Mimosa” from the Swedish store chain Åhlens. This fabric was pretty expensive, and on top of that, by the time I had saved up for it, it was sold-out. I found a half-yard of the beautiful “Mimosa” in the local Salvation Army “Myrorna” second hand shop. The lining fabric is a 1970s vintage curtain fabric that I found last summer in one of Stockholm’s street market.





Bag 2: This is one for vintage fabric collectors! This is the iconic “julivår”, designed by Saini Salonen in the late 60s for Borås cotton, Sweden. The colours are striking, - the base is a mottled green and the main motifs are rust, electric blue, bright purple and green. It is magnificent, I designed the bag around the beautiful flowers. I definitely had to keep them! I finally used a cotton fabric as lining. I also added strings so that it possible to close the bag.