16 February 2011

Eco Friendly craft tags/shipping tags!


Sometimes or most of the time running a handmade biz can get pretty pricey. You need business cards, need labels, craft hang tags etc. If your already crafty some of these things are so easy, some are difficult, but  you can just do or try to do it yourself.

ECO FRIENDLY!
Today I thought I’d share a little tutorial with you all. I need tags for my craft, as everything cost money and crafting should be fun, not something to burden you personal finances. I looked around if I could buy customized tags, but it would be expensive in the long run, also not eco friendly.  I took the decision to make my own tags without spending "mucho dinero" and save the environment while doing it!


1.  Materials
               Cutting equipments
               Woven heavy fusible interfacing (kraftig mellanlägg) cost about 8$/m (I used about 20x40 cm)
               Small pieces of fabric leftovers (tygspill)
               Rubber stamp and inkpad (Vattenfast bläck)
               Puncher (hålslagare)
               Paper string

2. Place fabric leftovers on ironing 
table,
3. Iron fabric pieces onto the interface.
4. Cut into desired forms, shapes and sizes
5. From 20x40 cm interface I produced 90 tags
6. If you make a thing, put your name on it!
I use customized stamps that 
I bought from stampoutnline on Etsy for about  $34 postage included (from US to Sweden). 
Notice: 
Make sure that the ink is waterproof.

7. Punch holes in your new tags
8. String

Here you have it, your craft have shipping tags, and the best of all; you save MONEY, the EVIRONMENT and you have UNFORGETABLE tags!

Enjoy!